Thursday, October 05, 2006

I guess I am the expert

October 6, 2006 is "Ask the Expert" Job Shadow Day at Naperville North High School. This program is intended to help students better understand the direct relationship of curricular subject areas to life skills and career opportunities in the workplace. I have 5 seperate groups that I have to speak to regarding Horticulture and related fields. So I am anticipating some questions and preparing answers, so that I look like an expert.

Q1) Can a horticulturist become rich? A1) Yes, of course, why do you think there is lotto?
Q2) Did you study hard in high school? A2) (unintelligible mumbling) Next Question! (remember to point emphatically in the other direction.)

Enough of the humor.

I actually am looking forward to speaking to these groups. Horticulture, in my mind, is the perfect blend of the arts and sciences. The perfect job for people that think with both sides of their brains.

Whereas I have many people comment on the beauty of a garden, I have yet to have someone tell me that asphalt is as enjoyable.






0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home