Friday, September 08, 2006

Surprising What You Learn.

It is amazing some of the stuff you learn as Commissioner. At our next meeting we will get an energy audit report, so I've been researching energy conservation. In electricity alone I've learned about harmonic distortion, power factor correction capacitors, real and reactive currents. Well I (yawn) think I found some potential savings beyond the recommendations in the back-up materials. We will find out on Tuesday.

I love to spend time with the District ecologists. I have learned all sorts of stuff about native plants and animals. When I see the positive results of our restoration projects, I am really excited about our future. It makes studying about harmonic distortion worthwhile, because if I can save $15,000 on electricity in a year, I have that much more to spend on restoration.

And I can pass along something better than I received!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home