Monday, June 19, 2006

Madame Governor?

It will be interesting to see how much the 'What's she thinking?' ads will affect the upcoming Governor's race in Illinois. My guess is not that much, especially once Judy Baar Topinka starts with her own campaign ads on TV. Anyone that is paying attention will recognize this is just mud slinging, without very much substance. Once she starts showing a few of the current numbers, a lot of people will think twice about a second term for Rod Blagojevich. If I were a teacher, I would be very concerned with my retirement. (Actually, I do have a few shekels in the Teacher's Retirement Fund. I was a substitute teacher for a little while.)

Ultimately, Judy will have to show her vision for guiding Illinois. Unless Rod has something up his sleeve, I believe Judy will be right where she wants to be, and the real question will be who will get their base out to vote.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home