Friday, June 08, 2007

I Guess It's Official

If you read the Naperville Sun Wednesday, you know that I am 50 and I am running for re-election.

Yes, I was surprised that there was a little party for me. I know that the District staff was happy that there was cake. I was (and am) moved by an acknowledgement of me by people that are so committed to preserving DuPage County's natural resources.

As I have said before, it is so easy to love what I do and to have a passion for the
Forest Preserve District of DuPage County, because the people who work here are so dedicated. It is not only their vocation (job), but their advocation (what they love doing). It is a privilege to work with them and a joy that is miles beyond what I expected when I was first elected.

My turning 50 is what it is. I can't change that. You and I together can improve our forest preserves. My running for re-election is about what the Forest Preserve District of DuPage can become. With your help, it will become a marvel to behold!

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home